Get In Touch

I am a Sole Trader!

Home » Confused? » I am a Sole Trader!
If you’re not sure what you want from an accountant, then please don’t worry. You’re not alone.

A lot of people come in to our offices or call up to sound us out about what they need to do, so we thought we’d try and take some of the guess work out of things by creating our ‘confused?’ section…

So if you’re a small business or sole trader, here are the things you need to think about and a selection of our packages to suit:


  1. We can advise you on the best structure for your business; sole trader or limited company. Being a company as opposed to a sole trader can offer serious advantages including a reduction in your tax bill. It’s not right for everyone, but it’s well worth finding out about.
  2. Whichever way is right for you, you’ll need to be registered with HMRC. We’ll help you with that and ensure you understand and follow all the compliance and legal responsibilities required.
  3. A key part of what we do is ensure your tax bill is dealt with properly, and we will advise you on what is a ‘business expense’ and what is not to make sure the taxman leaves you in peace.
  4. We offer regular client briefings on subjects designed to help you save you money
  5. If your situation changes or you find yourself doing very well, we can advise on how to take your business to the next level. We have a panel of partners who can advise on marketing, HR, financing, pensions and all manner of other issues you might need to address.

Packages that suit you


  • Our very small package for very small businesses


  • Our standard package that meets the needs of the sole trader


  • Our complete package that frees you up to grow your business

Blogs for you

31 January deadline hints and tips

31 JANUARY  HINTS AND TIPS Get organised now before Christmas and avoid the risk of delayed submissions and higher accountancy charges. Run through what you need with your accountant for 30 minutes first its time really well spent and avoids

5 big tax changes

1. Making Tax Digital From April 2018 Sole Traders and Partnerships earning £10,000 or more per year will need to make quarterly electronic submissions to HMRC declaring their income and expenditure for that quarter.  The submissions will need to be

April 2016 employee changes – auto-enrolment

Beans auto-enrolment and payroll guru David Rodick answered questions during a recent in-house workshop that focused on the big changes and initiatives in 2016 around employing staff. Given the number of questions we have had from our clients about these